Author Topic: Event Announcement #2: Seasons Beatings 2020 (CARD ANNOUNCEMENT)  (Read 2505 times)

Sir Rockin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Event Announcement #2: Seasons Beatings 2020 (CARD ANNOUNCEMENT)
« on: November 05, 2020, 02:49:40 PM »
Kent:Hello Everyone and welcome to this week's edition of EWA Live here on Facebook Live. This week's guest is the Executive Director of the Extreme Wrestling Alliance, Paul Heyman. Paul, thank you for joining me this week.

Paul Heyman:My pleasure.

Kent:I wanted to talk to you about the next EWA Event, that will be taking place on Wednesday, December 9th live on Pay Per View. Can you give us some updates on how the show is coming together.

Paul Heyman:The last time I spoke to the audience at home, I mentioned that I was still looking at how the roster was shaping up and I was still looking for a contender to challenge for the EWA World Heavyweight Championship at Seasons Beatings. I made the decision to allow our champion, Mr. Wyatt to have the chance to look at the roster and choose exactly who HE would like to face.

Kent:Why did you allow him to choose his opponent?

Paul Heyman:I was about to address that before you interrupted me.

Kent:I'm sorry.

Paul Heyman:I allowed Mr. Wyatt to choose the opponent for Seasons Beatings because I trusted him to choose someone he would feel invested in fighting. It is not something I will do often, but for the first title defense, a motivated champion is always a fighting champion, which is good for the business that I am in and thats promoting events, which is what this is all about.

Kent:Will you now confirm that the match up is taking place?

Paul Heyman:Here is what I can tell you. The contract has been written up. The match up for the Main Event of Seasons Beatings, which will be taking place inside the Deck the Hall Steel Cage, there is your first bit of news for the afternoon, I told you that we will be doing some traditional elements and there you have one of them. Now as I was saying, the contract reads that The Fiend Bray Wyatt will defend the EWA World Heavyweight Championship against Ace. I faxed a copy to Mr. Wyatt and I was able to obtain his signature on the contract, it looked like it had some blood stains on it based on the way it came back to me via Fax, but the contract has infact been signed. A copy of the contract was faxed over to Ace and it will be up to him if he chooses to sign the contract and compete for the EWA World Heavyweight Championship at Seasons Beatings.

The confirmation for this match up is this. Yes we will be marketing the match up for Seasons Beatings when we show off the card at the end of this show, it will read that the match up is taking place. However, like always, the card will be Subject to Change. If Ace decides that he doesn't want to step up and fight The Fiend, which is his right, he is not contracted to fight The Fiend until he signs the contract, then we will find a replacement, which would be night of show.

Kent:About a week or so ago, I had the chance to speak with Charlotte Flair on this platform.

Paul Heyman:I Saw. She is a very nice young lady.

Kent:Yes she is. She had mentioned that she talked to you about competing at Seasons Beatings.

Paul Heyman:That she did.

Kent:She mentioned that she would like to face the last EWA Womens Champion in this company.

Paul Heyman:Yes she did.

Kent:Where do we stand?

Paul Heyman:I am not standing, I am currently sitting. Oh you mean in regards to the match up. I like surprises, don't you?

Kent:Not really.

Paul Heyman:Well, I do. There are those who will go and look up the name of the last Womens Champion in EWA History and there will be some who won't. I will say I have approved on this match up and on the card that will be appearing on the screen in a little while when this show fades to black, it will not list the name of the person, but the match up will be taking place on the show and everyone will have to wait to hear from that person if they choose to reveal themselves, which I believe they will in sometime from now.

Kent:You mentioned that the EWA will be bringing back a championship at Seasons Beatings. You told Charlotte, it will not be the EWA Womens Championship.

Paul Heyman:No it will not. It may be brought back at some point, but not right now.

Kent:Are you ready to announce which championship it will be and who will be competing for it.

Paul Heyman:I made a mistake.

Kent:What was the mistake?

Paul Heyman:I spoke to our fans and told them that the match up for the unnamed championship would be a ladder match and that was a mistake.

Kent:How was it a mistake?

Paul Heyman:Quite frankly, I just changed my mind. The unnamed championship will no longer be a ladder match. My thought process is that instead of having the championship hang above the ring, I would rather watch the superstars have to try and pin their opponent or make them submit in the middle of the ring. I got too excited about the idea of a ladder match, because I didn't know exactly what I wanted to see happen at that time and saying a ladder match sounded cool to me at that time. I apologize to our fans for not delivering a ladder match on this show.

Kent:Who will be competing for this unnamed championship?

Paul Heyman:I have decided that at Seasons Beatings it will be Garak or as he calls himself, Garak The Great taking on one of the members of the Dark Order that I am personally a fan of and have been for the longest time, Brodie Lee.

Kent:Thats a match up I think people will be excited to see.

Paul Heyman:I agree. You have a historian of this sport against one of the toughest men in the business today, it should be a hell of a match up.

Kent:Which championship though Paul?

Paul Heyman:Can we not just keep it a surprise? Oh thats right, you don't like surprises. Let me eliminate some choices for you first before we get to which championship, if that is alright with you.

Kent:Thats fine.

Paul Heyman:First things first, I know there are a lot of people out there who LOVE the EWA Total Impact Championship and what it represented in this company. It was a championship that had its own set of rules and it made for some interesting match ups. I think at this time, we need to keep the legacy of that championship as it is and not bring it back and tarnish the legacy that championship had. I know there will be a few people upset about that, but thats just the way it is.

Another championship I would like to eliminate from discussion is the FTW Championship. Again, when we talk about Legacy, the FTW Championship is one of the more controversial championships that this company has ever had and I believe that the FTW Championship needs to stay retired as well.

Then people would then probably say, what about the Television Championship. I love a great Television Championship. Having a championship defended on television every single week is what makes for great wrestling. One problem. We aren't running weekly television shows. We aren't running Tuesday Night Carnage or Thursday Night Chaos. There is no Friday Night Frenzy or Saturday Night Torture. It is just not how this company is structured these days, so having a Television Championship makes no sense.

Which means we have eliminated some championships from the list. I have come to conclusion that it could only be one of two championships and they both are tied together. I was doing my research and long before there was a TNA Wrestling, there was the Extreme Wrestling Alliance and for those who don't know, this company created the X Championship. You can look it up, this company had the X Championship before it became the popular X Division in TNA Wrestling. The EWA X Championship was unified with the EWA Total Impact Championship at one point to become the Ultimate Xtreme Championship.

I have been trying to decide, do I bring back the championship it was unified as or do we rebuild the legacy of the X Championship. The conclusion I have come to is that while the Ultimate Xtreme Championship has a nice ring to it. I want to see what our performers can do with the EWA X Championship. Which is why I am officially bringing the EWA X Championship out of retirement starting at Seasons Beatings.

Kent:Wow.

Paul Heyman:So Garak and Brodie Lee, best of luck to you. Now Kent, I have meetings to get to, so lets end the conversation here and lets announce the first three matches for Seasons Beatings and get on our way.

Kent:Thank you Paul for joining me today. Thanks everyone for watching and as we sign off today, here is as Mr. Heyman said, the first three matches announced for Seasons Beatings!
SEASONS BEATINGS 2020
DECEMBER 9th, 2020

EWA World Heavyweight Championship Deck The Halls Match
The Fiend Bray Wyatt vs Chris “Ace” Loesch

EWA X Championship Match
Garak The Great vs Brodie Lee

Charlotte Flair vs The Last EWA Womens Champion

PLUS

Appearances by Degeneration X

CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE