Author Topic: Conference Call 09-29-20 Featuring Paul Heyman  (Read 2816 times)

Sir Rockin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Conference Call 09-29-20 Featuring Paul Heyman
« on: September 29, 2020, 04:04:10 PM »
Conference Call: 09/29/20

Moderator:Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to welcome all of you to today's conference call ahead of this Wednesday's Pay Per View Event, Glory. Today's guest will be EWA Representative, Paul Heyman. Before we begin, we will turn things over to the lead of voice of the EWA, Mark with an announcement. Mark, the floor is yours.

Mark:Good afternoon everyone. I don't want to take up much of your time. I have been instructed on behalf of EWA Management to make a very important announcement ahead of this Wednesday's Glory Event. After weeks of discussions and negotiations, EWA Management have come to terms with Paul Heyman and he has been officially hired as the new Executive Director of the Extreme Wrestling Alliance and he will be in control of the creative direction of the Extreme Wrestling Alliance going forward. EWA Management would like to officially welcome Mr. Heyman officially to the Extreme Wrestling Alliance Family.

Moderator:At this time, we will welcome officially EWA Executive Director Paul Heyman to the conference call for his opening remarks. Mr. Heyman, the floor is yours.

Heyman:Ladies and Gentlemen, members of the media, My Name is Paul Heyman and I can now officially welcome you all to the Paul Heyman Era of the Extreme Wrestling Alliance. I would like to thank EWA Management for their support for this upcoming event which will be taking place tomorrow night live on Pay Per View, all over the world and streaming on the internet at eWazone.com.

Tomorrow Night, I can tell you this, with the world watching, I promise that you will all witness an event like you have never seen before and at the end of the night, there will be a brand new EWA World Heavyweight Champion crowned.

I could talk forever, but lets open it up to questions and see what is on everyone's minds leading in to the event.

Moderator:Our first question comes to us from Jason at Prowrestling.net.

Jason:Mr. Heyman, thank you for taking the time today. The first logical question that needs to be asked is, if this is the only event on the schedule for this company, why would you accept a position of Executive Director?

Heyman:That is a very logical question one would ask up front. Yes, it wouldn't make much sense for me to accept this position of Executive Director, if there was only one event to promote, it wouldn't make much sense now would it?

When this arrangement first started a couple of months ago, I came in to this with a promoters mindset of building this one show and making it the best show possible. Let me be honest with you, this was originally scheduled to be one event only, that is all I signed up for. In the last couple of weeks, there was a lot of chatter with in EWA Management who were interested in doing something more than just one event. They were interested in creating something that would create an environment that would allow us to market and promote events that made the most sense for the brand. With what is going on in 2020, there is a lot of uncertainty. The one thing that is certain, content is key. Everyone is looking for content and everyone is also looking for an opportunity, which is what led to casual discussions to turn in to full on contract discussions, which led to me becoming the Executive Director of the Extreme Wrestling Alliance.

This company has been around for over two decades now and while there have been inactive periods of time as of late, depending on who you ask. There are some who will say that this haven't been any down periods, as they have been keeping the promotion alive somewhere on a private server on the internet, which means all of this files have probably been redacted.

As mentioned, this company has been around for two decades and with the longevity comes a long history of landmark events that people will always talk about. The one landmark event that everyone mentions is Glory, which we will be producing tomorrow night on Pay Per View. There are other landmark events that people know as well, which doesn't go unnoticed from a variety of different media partners. Which is why we have come to an agreement with a variety of different media partners to create a setup where we will promote landmark events for the foreseeable future.

Moderator:Our next question comes from Sean at Fightful.com

Sean:Paul, the currently landscape for pro wrestling is very crowded, with many different organizations currently producing events on a weekly basis, how does the EWA fit in this landscape?

Heyman:There are a lot of promotions running weekly. We all know who they are. Some of them have been in this landscape for a year, some have been in the landscape for forty years. I know what the landscape is, which is why I know it is not smart for this company to put itself in a place right now where it is going to compete with those promotions.

This company for fifteen years ran events weekly. That model doesn't fit in this current landscape. I mentioned landmark events and that is what we are going to be doing going forward. I know the next question will be, how often?

The current plan, which is subject to change, is to take these landmark events and promote them on a bi-monthly basis. Now lets set the ground rules on what that means. It means that we could run four events a year up to six events a year, which will depend on situations, timing and what works for environment that we are in.

Moderator:Our next question comes to us from Dave at WrestlingObserver.com.

Dave:Paul.

Heyman:Dave.

Dave:We all know your history in this business and the people you have worked with and one of the most famous men you have worked with is Brock Lesnar, will Brock Lesnar be apart of the event tomorrow night.

Heyman:Dave, you know I can't tell you that.

Dave:I have to ask the question Paul.

Heyman:I know that Dave. In regards to talent appearing on this show, the only thing I can say that you will be seeing talent you are used to seeing in this promotion and you will be seeing talent from other promotions as well. As far as my client, BROOCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK LEESSSNNNARRR is concerned, well lets just say he has been watching what has been going on and he knows that for this event, the checkbook is wide open. You can take that for whatever you wish on that one.

Moderator:We have time for one last question from Mike at Wrestlezone.com.

Mike:Is there anything you can tell us about any of the challenges that talent will have to face at Glory?

Heyman:That would ruin the surprise now wouldn't it?

Mike:You can give us a little hint?

Heyman:All I can tell you is this, there are certain things you know from the history of this promotion, that when you take six people and put them in one match. If you know your history, you can figure it out. If you don't, then I would tell you to check out the archives.ewazone.com and you can see the footage for yourself.

Moderator:Mr. Heyman, any closing comments?

Heyman:Thank you all for joining me today. I can promise you this, tomorrow night will be the start of something very special. What is planned for this show, will be something different and unique and it will be the start of a journey that hopefully will lead to some exciting moments and help remind people why this is one of the most dominant brands in all of Sports and Entertainment. I hope to see you all tomorrow night at Glory.

Moderator:This will end today's conference call. Reminder Glory 2020 will be available on Pay Per View and streaming live on eWazone.com.