Author Topic: Did Someone Say "Glory"? ~ Lone Jobber  (Read 2227 times)

Lone Jobber

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Did Someone Say "Glory"? ~ Lone Jobber
« on: September 30, 2020, 07:23:23 AM »
~Behind The Scenes~
It's dawn as Lone Jobber stands there on rocky shoreline just gazing at a river.  The sound of cars, opening and closing doors, snaps him out of it and he turns as none other than Ned Tesseract and Jay Jixhel make their way over to him.  He gets up and, after dusting himself off, goes off to meet them.  They fist bump.

Jobber:  Been a while guys.

Ned:  Just a bit.  How've ya'll been?

Jay:  (sighs) Bored?  Eh, life's fine I guess.  You guys?

Ned:  Fine now.  We had a bit of a scare with The Major a little bit back, but it's all good.  Everyone healthy.  You Jobs?

Jobber:  Yeah we've been good.  Mostly staying inside doing all that remote stuff, but yeah been we've good. Just been looking forward to working again.

Ned:  So what are you thinking here, how you want to stage the promo?

Jobber:  At one point I was thinking “guess what's back, back again, the Alliance is back, let us begin”.

Ned:  You ain't the real Slim Shady dawg.

Jobber:  I know, but damn, it's been a minute or two now hasn't it?

Jay:  you're going to just end up riffing aren't you?

Ned:  Uhg, I'm not sure my battery is that full...

Jobber:  You didn't charge your bat....

Ned:  No, they're at 100% but sometimes you tend to ramble.

Jobber:  Heh, sometimes.   

Jay:  More than sometimes.

Jobber:  Alright, okay, lets see here... Q&A?

Jay:  You wanna take it Ned?

Ned:  Yeah sure, let me just straighten my shit out, got to look like a pro.

Jobber:  I'll stand off screen, you intro me, and we go from there, good?

Jay:  Alright guys... stand over there just a bit, Sun's messing with framing ... ah... yeah perfect.  Alright, lets just wait until we connect.... lordy this tech gets s.... okay guys... in three... two...

~Promo~
Ned Tesseract stands there alone with the Sun low on the horizon.

Ned:  Ladies and Gentlemen, Extreme Wrestling Alliance faithful, my name is Ned Tesseract, and allow me to introduce you to the one and only.... Lone.... Jobber!

He swaggers onto the screen.

LJ:  Jobber!  Thank you for that Ned.   

Ned:  Of course.  Lone Jobber, you know what time it is...

Jobber:  Late September, my time, my time of year to really shine.

Ned:  Well I guess we should first start at the beginning...

LJ:  A good place to start.

Ned:  After a “few” months of being away, the company is ready to come back, and I'm sure you've heard what Paul Heyman, Executive Director  of the Extreme Wrestling Alliance, has had to say.

LJ:  Of course I have.  I won't lie, when his voice still rang within my ears I peaked up.  He started talking my language, and honestly I felt like it was something I could truly get behind.  I mean, how could I not.  We're talking about restarting this company, we're talking about getting going once more.  The call was sent out, the EWA is alive, and who else would answer that call besides thee Lone Jobber, Mister EWA.

Ned:  Speaking about people responding, anyone you're hoping for?

LJ:  I just want people who will care Ned.  I want people to really bring it, and what a bigger, more important event to bring it at than Glory.  I've been with this company for just once twenty years now, I've seen some stars come and go, and I've enjoy battling with the majority of them....

Ned:  Not all?

LJ:  Honestly?  There was a couple who clashed with me and as much as we tried, it never worked out.  But you know, I'm really looking forward to this new upcoming time.

Ned:  We were told recently that things would change....

LJ:  As the old song goes, time marches on.  This company, coming back, can't keep doing the same thing it used to, can't.  But I'm excited to really go out and do something amazing for each and every one of our fans who have been waiting all these months for us to be active again.  If this means things will have to be different, I'll adapt.  Teaching this old dog new tricks and all that.  I'm really just ready to go and do it all.

Ned:  Paul Heyman, earlier, said something about this companies history putting six people into a match.  Any ideas?

LJ:  You're really asking me... ME if I've got some ideas about the history that Heyman is talking about.  Oh come on homie.  I really look forward to it.... I mean if it's the one I'm thinking of, considering who Heyman is and his history.... what can I say?  There are things that even I still want to do in this company.

Ned:  You're being cryptic.

LJ:  No shit.

Ned:  You've got no idea do you?

LJ:  I... I want to think he's going one direction, and if he is, he's an asshole.   

Ned:  Why?

LJ:  If it's the match I think... I hope it is... we had about eight or nine of them.  I would have been in... um.. six of them.  Walked in as champion in, I want to say twice, and have never, eh-eh-ever walked out the victor.  If this is where he's going.... you can say I'll be motivated to finally grasp that brass ring.

Ned:  And if it's not whatever you think it is?

LJ:  Well then just like the final season of Game of Thrones, I'll have hyped myself up too much, but fuck it, I'll do my best regardless.

Ned:  You... you do remember that not only has Paul not announced what the match is, but even who would be in it?  You might not.

LJ:  I'm Lone Jobber.

Ned:  yes, I said that in the intro.

LJ:  Mister EWA.

Ned:  Are you going to run off your nicknames?

LJ:  Not putting me in something, come on now Ned.  Paulie knows how to hype a crowd, and who wouldn't hype a big time match like this face?  Come on now.  Sure he and I haven't always been cool, but he's a business man, and I'm good for the business, man.

Ned:  That was painful.

LJ:  You know Ned, not only does tonight mark a night of Glory, but one might also say it's.... (looks off a bit) the dawning of a new day.  My name is Lone Jobber, and soon, once again, you'll all remember what it's like to job... to the Jobber.

~END FEED~

~BTS~

Ned:  Oh fuck, I... really?  This entire promo for that one line?

LJ:  Pretty much.   

Ned:  And the river?

LJ:  Oh it just relaxes me.  Plus I liked the ambiance of the waves crashing below.  So, whose hungry?  The fam wouldn't mind seeing ya'll again.

Ned:  Yeah, sure.

Jay:  Just let me finish up here and I'll be there.  See ya soon.